Axis 2: Measures for investments in aquaculture and processing, and for marketing of fishery and aquaculture products
Through this part of the European Fisheries Fund (EFF) over £5 million is being invested in companies in England which carry out fish processing or fish farming.
EFF funding has helped small to medium-sized processing and aquaculture companies to get ahead of the competition and save up to 40 per cent of the costs of expanding their business.
Money from the EFF has supported large scale factory redevelopments to enable fish processing companies to extend their product ranges and move into new markets. The scheme has also funded a wide range of processing machines and other associated equipment and facilities used by the trade such as cookers, coldstores, shellfish holding enclosures and freezers.
The EFF scheme also supports the development of aquaculture production sites for species where demand is currently exceeding supply. In addition, it can help companies to diversify into new species which aren’t widely produced in England. To qualify for funding products need to be destined for human consumption, either directly as food, or for other purposes such as feed for farmed fish.
Our axis 2 aquaculture factsheet (PDF 92 KB) provides further information on how EFF may help people working in the aquaculture sector.
- Application forms and guidance notes
- General conditions that apply to all grants (PDF 75 KB)
- Application for a grant for investments in aquaculture and the processing and marketing of fishery and aquaculture products
- Application form (EFF-AX2-IPM001) (PDF 473 KB)
- Eligibility guidance notes for investments in aquaculture (PDF 129 KB)
- Eligibility guidance notes for investments in processing and marketing of fishery and aquaculture products (PDF 131 KB)
- Application for support for organic and environmentally friendly aquaculture measures
- Application form (EFF-AX2-OEFA) (PDF 559 KB)
- Eligibility guidance notes for organic and environmentally friendly aquaculture measures (PDF 149 KB)
Business Relations Team
Marine Management Organisation
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tel: 0191 376 2694/2676
Fax: 0191 376 2681
Help with documents
Some of these documents are in the portable document format (PDF) for downloading. Adobe Acrobat Reader can be freely downloaded from www.adobe.com/uk/